At Huyton with Roby we follow the National Curriculum for Mathematics. We aim to develop the three strands of the Curriculum: fluency, problem solving and reasoning.
Our aims are:
- To develop within their capability the mathematical skills, knowledge and understanding required for an ever changing world.
- To foster a positive interest, enjoyment and confidence in Maths.
- To discover the integration, relationships and patterns between Maths and many other areas of the curriculum.
- To see the relationship of Maths within the whole environment and to tackle practical problems in everyday life.
- To calculate quickly and accurately, make and test generalisations and simple hypotheses and the ability to estimate accurately.
- To express ideas fluently in spoken and written form.
- To work logically and methodically and acquire the skill of being self critical.
- To be flexible and creative in approaching mathematical situations.
- To develop independence of thought, and motivation and the ability to co-operate with others in group situations.
Throughout the school children are taught as full class, smaller groups or may be taught individually, according to their needs.