- To ensure that all learners have equal access to a rich, broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- To advance equality of opportunity by ensuring that teaching, learning and curriculum promote equality, celebrate diversity and promote community cohesion by fostering good relations.
- To eliminate any discrimination, harassment and victimisation. To ensure that no-one is unfairly or illegally disadvantaged as a consequence of their age, disability, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic or national origin, disability or religious beliefs.
- To recognise, celebrate diversity within our community whilst promoting community cohesion.
- To ensure that those with management responsibility and individual members of staff, accept responsibility for planning teaching, learning and curriculum apply this policy to all we do.
- To ensure that learners and parents are fully involved in the provision made by the school and to increase transparency.
- To ensure that within the school budget, adequate funding is provided to underpin this policy and that intervention, positive action and preventative action is funded where needed.